Monday 24 February 2014

Printmaking - Week 4

Having printed using cardboard last week, with the intention of continuing to work further on them, I then wasn't sure whether this was the right thing to do. Whilst thinking about it Sarah showed us examples of how effective it can be to ink up material/clothing to print, with really good results.



Sarah felt my prints didn't need any further work and I agreed with her, but she is planning to pin them up so we can step back and reassess them, something you don't really tend to do with printmaking so much.

We talked about how I always prefer the first layout on something when i'm letting chance decide 'where the chips fall' and if I try and recreate the moment, it is lost and gone forever. I'm going to try and research this within art/artists.



My layout for paper on card, I had initially thought I'd create a collograph with, but instead will take in thicker paper and just press it onto paper to give an embossed effect next week. But as it hadn't worked with the strips of ordinary paper, I instead created a rubbing.



Not the most effective, but as I am learning, that doesn't matter, 'just do it'!

No comments:

Post a Comment