Thursday 20 March 2014

Town Hall, Recreate for Drawing - Week 7

Feeling very anxious this morning, not really sure why, perhaps there doesn't need to be a reason.

Start with free coffee and a blank sheet of paper, all I need is inspiration . . .

So I just start drawing, around a roll of tape, a pencil sharpener etc. I'm trying to mirror my feelings of anxiety, the relationship of items to open space and the journey you might make around them, stepping in, around, through until you find a safe space inside. I layer carbon paper between two pieces of paper, draw and then find I had placed the carbon paper upside down, obviously not my day.

Next I draw letters, ANXIETY, places around the page, I won't say randomly, because they're not. The placing isn't regimented in location, but there is a conscious decision in each one. The O is in black, with the other letters in red and its trying to hide in the shadow of its neighbour, it doesn't want to be noticed.

I pack my stuff and go upstairs to join Audit and Naomi, they're playing with last week's tablecloth, taking photos and videos. I try to join in, but can't get inspired. I crumple up the ANXIETY drawing and place on the floor in the light, but not direct sunlight, its very crumpled.

I smooth it down and place it in direct sunlight, so much happier.

I notice a piece of paper on the floor, it must have fallen out of the 'tablecloth' from last week.

Now i'm engaged:

No comments:

Post a Comment