Tuesday 25 March 2014

Lens Based/Installation - Week 8

Started working on the actual physical dimensions for my Library installation this morning. Drew out the space I have to work with in sketchbook and then worked out the maximum size I should build it. Marked these dimensions out on the floor with masking tape and then started working on the heights and widths etc. Decided the best way to sort sizings for the doorway was to tape across the room door, which I did.



David came by and thought it was something conceptual. Because of the height of the tape you had to duck underneath, decided to leave it up, possibly even to gradually lower it over the course of the day, got to have a bit of fun with it!



Ooh, columns I can use to help with marking it out, marvelous.



This says 'Level 4 Narnia . . . beware of lions! I'm absolutely loving this project, can you tell? Why? Because of the physicality and it's all mine, part of and about me!!!!

Jane W came by and I talked her through this and showed her the photographs from last week, taken in St Clement's Church. I love her enthusiasm, we can always rely on her and Sarah to support us in all ways, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment