Thursday 3 April 2014

Drawing 'Once upon a time' - Week 9

This week Naomi and I decided to go over to Ipswich Art School to see their exhibition 'Once upon a time'.

A lovely exhibition, not just of finished artwork, but also of initial sketches. I loved reading as a child and have very fond memories of hiding under the covers with a torch to keep reading after lights off, only to go to school knackered from reading too long. My photographs don't do the illustrations justice, they need to be seen in the flesh to be truly appreciated.



These are really delicate, lots of patience required to cut out.











Pam Smy




I'm not really interested in illustration as such, but I loved this exhibition and wish I could do this myself. I sometimes write, but not very often, but I fancy the idea of writing a story and illustrating it too, it would be fantastic, perhaps I'm just not in the right place at the moment to do this. Its not something I put any effort into, so can't expect to excel at, a thought for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment